Who we are:
FT Workforce is a leading Australian owned and operated Recruitment and Labour Hire business with head-quarters in Perth and offices in Karratha, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
A little about the role:
We are currently on the search for a qualified HV Diesel Mechanic required for an immediate start on a permanent basis. This role will be based around the Yorke Peninsula & Clare Valley region so ideally is suitable for you to be living in this area. The successful candidate will hold a current Certificate III in Mechanical Engineering and have at least 1-2 years experience. LV Mechanics highly regarded.
You will be responsible for maintaining, testing and repairing diesel motors and the mechanical parts of trucks, buses and other heavy vehicles such as transmissions, suspension, steering and brakes.
Tasks will include but not limited to:
- Detects and diagnoses faults in engines and parts.
- Dismantles and removes engine assemblies, transmissions, steering mechanisms and other components, and checks parts.
- Repairs and replaces worn and defective parts and reassembles mechanical components, and refers to service manuals as needed.
- Reassembles engines and parts after being repaired.
- Tests and adjusts mechanical parts after being repaired for proper performance, diagnoses and tests parts with the assistance of computers.
- May inspect vehicles and issue roadworthiness certificates or detail work required to achieve roadworthiness.
In order to be considered you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Current Cert III in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven work history as a HV Diesel Mechanic or LV Mechanic (willing to train)
- Air conditioning experience is advantageous.
- Right to work in Australia (Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Current CV with at least 2 contactable work references.
- Ability to do repetitive manual handling and labouring duties as required.
- Current Driver's licence with reliable transport.
What we can offer in return:
We are a national recruitment agency with numerous roles across the country. If you are interested in the above role or would like to discuss other opportunities please visit our website at www.ftworkforce.com.au to register.
FT Workforce are experienced and committed to supporting local talent find work within the civil, mining, rail and trades arena and are able to discuss current / upcoming projects you may be interested in. The successful applicant will be rewarded with an exceptional remuneration package, stability within a well- regarded business and long term career advancement opportunities.