About the Role
An opportunity is available for a WHS Advisor to join the safety team in a full-time capacity. The role will be based in the Adelaide and travel to regional SA locations will also be required.
The successful candidate will have a broad experience base that either spans across mining or civil infrastructure.
A key role of the WHS Safety Advisor will be to help build a safety resilient team based on an excellent safety culture and compliance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Encouraging worker participation when planning work, seeking ideas for improvements and inspiring everyone to offer solutions to problems
- Recognise that managing safety is an ethical responsibility not a bureaucratic activity and that we are all responsible for working safely
- Responsibilities will include
- Team building and mentoring
- Carry out site safety inspections in line with legislation, policies and procedures
- Implementation of WHS strategies and initiatives
- Provide advice and guidance to project staff
- Document and assist in WHS investigations and incidents
- Conduct WHS Audits and report on findings
Who we are looking for:
- Diploma / Degree in WHS
- Background in mining / civil
- Workplace rehabilitation and return to work coordinator - desirable
- WHS risk management knowledge to facilitate the development of safe work procedures
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Valid whitecard
- Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and adept at learning new IT systems.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical examination
- Desirable skills and experience
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
About FT Workforce:
FT Workforce are experienced and committed to supporting local talent find work within the civil, mining, rail and trades arena and are able to discuss current / upcoming projects you may be interested in working on.
- We are a national recruitment agency with numerous roles across the country. If you are interested in the above role or would like to discuss other opportunities please visit our website at www.ftworkforce.com.au to register your profile on our database
- Great rates are offered whilst you're casual and equally as competitive if offered a permanent role within this business